These are Venetian buildings of the 15th century that are preserved in a relatively good condition. The first from the east tower is square, with each side length of 6.10 m. The most characteristic feature of this tower, dating back to the 15th century, is the four circular openings in the upper part of the … which give the impression that the tower was carrying clock trays on all four sides. The tower is located in the abandoned settlement of Pyrgos-Skounteri, at the foot of Mount Dirfis, … 30 km from Chalkida and 7 km from Steni Evia. At a height of 23 meters, it is the highest tower of Evia. Its cross-section is 7x7m square. Around it, to a large extent there was an important settlement during the Byzantine and Frankish … as evidenced by many, tiles, foundations and stonework from the fallen walls of buildings The Venetian tower of Avlonari, preserved and restored in 1953, is probably the most beautiful and well-preserved Frankish tower in Evia. The tower was used by the Venetians as a center of a visual telegraph system and responded to similar towers rescued in moderate or poor condition. At the beginning of the 14th century the area was under the control of the Catalans of the Duchy of Athens. Then there was the administrative district of Captain Avalon, from which his name was Avlonari. It is definitely Venetian and built around the 15th century as many towers of Evia. We do not know anything more about his story. Some local sites say it is the “biggest tower of Evia” The surviving part of the tower now shows that it must have been a massive building, but in its present form it certainly is not the largest tower in Evia. In the center of Kadi village, next to the church, there is an imposing Venetian tower. During the Ottoman domination there was the Turkish captain, “Kadis”, from which, rather, comes the name of the village. A Frankish castle – a future tower – built on the hill “Panagitsa” or “Agios Mantilion” … 4km west of the village of Vitala in east-central Evia (near Kymi). The old name of the village, before 1940, was “Vitalon”. Near the castle there is the small settlement of Kambos, which is said to be the original location of Vitalos, which was inhabited since the Homeric times. Basically this is a half-broken tower called “Paliokastro” or “Sklipa” or “Panagitsa”. It is a half-quaint monument of the 14th century, also called the Angel of Hogwarts Tower … because at this point the group of the Greek militant was fortified during the Battle of Vrysakia (July 15, 1821) The base of the tower is square with a side length of 7 meters. In the walls there is the shape of the arches, with the flattened back … which offered freedom of movement and targeting to the defenders. In the center of the village of Politika of Evia, next to the Temple of Metamorphosis of the Savior there is an imposing medieval square tower. It is strongly defensive. There was, like all the similar towers, the seat of the nobleman to whom the surrounding area was conceded in return for participation in war operations. It was originally a watchtower for pirates protection. It was then used by the Venetians and later by the Turks. In 1832 the Rovies were sold by the Turkish owner to the Greek Housewives Apostolos Doumas. The Duma repaired the tower to remind more of the 19th century mansion and built the extensions lower than the main tower. In 1930 the then owner Antonis Papadopoulos also made important changes … with cement additions after an earthquake that destroyed part of the tower. The Tower of Edipsos or Fragkoula, is a 14th century Venetian square tower … located near the chapel of Agia Paraskevi in Edipsos.